Security, Safety and Efficiency in Air Travel
The outcome of this training is a Service Dog handler that moves safely and efficiently through the air travel process. The training provides knowledge and tools that increases collaboration between the handler and airline, airport and security personnel, and facilitates the overall experience with fellow travelers. The result is a benefit for everyone as service dogs and their handlers move seamlessly and safely through the busy air travel system.
K9 Wings Airport Training Seminars
- New locations and dates will be posted soon. Stay tuned.
Please let us know if you are interested in attending a training seminars or if you would like to set-up a “K9 Wings SD Team Airport Training Seminar” for your group, club or organization.
* Please contact us for information and discounted group rates.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard “K9 Wings Airport Training Seminars”
Requirements to Attend Seminar For Handlers & Dogs:
All SD Teams, and owners with ESA’s (Emotional Support Animals) and pet dogs will be screened behaviorally before being accepted to attend. A dog that exhibits unacceptable behavior must be able to be brought under immediate, positive control. Any dog that cannot be brought under control or displays dangerous behavior, regardless if the handler brings the dog under control will be required to leave the seminar.
- All Service Dogs must be visibly marked as a Service Dog, on a leash, harness, cape or vest with patches and/or badges stating “Service Dog”, “Medical Alert Dog” or “Assistance Dog” as per required by the DOT ACAA (department of transportation – air carrier access act) regulations.
The following Applies to Service Dogs, ESA’s and Pet Dogs:
- ALL DOGS must remain leashed at all times. There will be no exceptions to this rule during the event. This also applies when your dog is using the “outside” & “inside” animal relief areas.
- Retractable leashes are not allowed in any part of this seminar. (Please contact me if you have special mobility needs that require you to use one).
- All equipment and tools used on dogs will be checked for it’s condition and fit.
- ALL DOGS must be beyond basic obedience training level which includes being potty trained.
- All handlers will be responsible for their Service Dogs at all times including clean up of any kind. Please bring poop bags, wet wipes, and small disposable trash bags for clean-ups should it be necessary.
- All handlers are responsible to provide their dogs with water, food, boots and jackets for weather conditions at the seminar location.
- All Service Dogs must be under positive control at all times.
- Handlers and their dogs are required to stay with the group at all times.
- If you need to leave the seminar at any time, you must contact me or a staff member first to receive instructions. A security escort will be assigned to accompany you and your Service Dog to ensure you exit the secure area of the airport safely.
- All handlers will be required to show a current government issued photo ID. Accepted ID: Current State drivers license, State ID card, passport.
- All children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Only one dog per handler will be allowed.
- Should you need help at any time during the seminar, please let me know right away or one of the appointed staff that will be on hand to help.
- If you have any questions about whether your dog meets the “requirements to attend”, please call me. 760-536-7756 or email: email@example.com
- *If you have a SDIT (service dog in training) and are not sure of its level of “Public Access Training” please call me. 760-536-7756 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .